Valley Permaculture Alliance

This is so cool! Clothes washer that uses no electricity and add a hose to the outlet for instant grey water. Imagine it being kid powered to harness that puddle stomping enthusiasm.

mexican washer/lavadero mexican home-made/echo en casa - $30 (59th ave. osborn)
Reply to: sale-892402159@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-10-24, 5:05PM MST

WE HAVE A HOME-MADE MEXICAN WASHER FOR $30.00!!!
CALL US AT (602)451-5604 ASK FOR JOSE OR EMAIL US AT
alberto.melendez32@yahoo.com

its used to wash clothes and many other stuff and its made of cement

TENEMOS Un LAVADERO MEXICAN ECHO EN CASA SOLO POR $30.00!!!
ABLENOS AL (602)451-5604 O ENVIE UN CORREO ELECTRONICO A
alberto.melendez32@yahoo.com

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/grd/892402159.html for picture

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only point of consideration is that a clothes washer like that will RUIN your clothes. For towels or blankets, I'm all for it, but friction washing is a bear on fabirc. A plumber's friend and a great big bucket is my favorite way - the rubber plunger doesn't wear down your stuff, but moves a ton of water really fast. i count five songs on the radio as enough to give a load a good washing.
What a good idea! Is that how you do your laundry? Or just sheets and things?
Heh- yeah, I have - it worked out suprisingly well. A couple of caveats- hang-drying distorts your stuffso you need to find a way to wring things out that doens't crush or otherwise wreck them, and sunlight bleaches things REALLY fast. It's actually fun, but you do need tools and a comfortable system if you want to do it on a regular basis and keep your clothes intact. It's the pits when it's cold out.
Is your system child-powered? Stern voice in the background intoning.."There are child labor laws you know...."
Its not child labor if you are not forcing to do it, is it? This is all about making it fun. I just wonder how long it can hold their attention?
Just an idea...when my Aunt/Uncle traveled from Minnesota to Nebr, with their 13 kids, there were always a few who were in diapers. My aunt put a trash can in the back of their suburban, added water and laundry detergent; and would throw the diapers in as they traveled. By the time they arrived in Nebr, the vibration had done its job, and all she had to do was rinse out the diapers and hang them out to dry.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Valley Permaculture Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service